Claire South Africa

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Beginning


We are at the start of Claire's blogging journey.

I know it says that I am based in Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa but I am not actually there yet. I fly to Knysna on 1st October to begin a volunteer placement at the Percy Mdala school. I am going through the agency Travellers which is based in England.

No, at the moment I am still at home, in Belfast. A very grey Belfast actually. Been grey for what seems like days. You have to understand that we are VERY preoccuppied with the weather here in Northern Ireland.

a) We get a good deal of weather
b) We are often treated to several types of weather in one day
c) A substantial amount of the wet stuff falls on our heads

No global warming here, or not that we've noticed.

At present I am struggling to set up this blog, post a picture etc etc so all earth shattering content to follow. However, feel free to share...

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 3:48 pm, Blogger tina catling said...

Claire - how exciting a real adventure and one with real heart and vision too. You are really going to be missed however so we hope that your new friends in africa appreciate what an assett they are getting! We will be watching with interest and hope we can help or support you in some small way Good Luck and Lots of Love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home