Claire South Africa

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Last Day in the UK

Hi All

Just doing some last minute preparations and no small amount of gentle panicing. Have I packed all I need? Will I forget something - (that is a cert with me). All the goodbyes have been difficult but I keep saying to them, and myself, it is only for 3 months and they will fly by.

Have just spent the weekend with a couple of friends in West Sussex. I have been doing a good bit of chilling out which means I have been falling asleep at 9.30pm and generally not being the life and soul of the party.

So, I am gearing up to go to South Africa and meet everyone at the Percy Mdala School. I have been through all the documents that Travellers have sent me. They seem to have thought of everything and each document has reassuring messages - such as 'You will have a wonderful time' or 'Everyone is really friendly'. This calms the knot of excitement and apprehension in the pit of my stomach.

I travel tomorrow night and should be in Knysna on the afternoon of 3rd of October. Amazing. I really can't believe it after all these months of anticipation.

Over and out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home