Claire South Africa

Thursday, November 09, 2006

9D in all their glory


Hi All

I thought it would be nice to put up a picture of our 9D participants. I first met them in May when they were 8Ds and we were at the start of the project.

It was these students who helped to design the site and came up with the name. NISA Connect. (Northern Ireland South Africa Connect). I think I have already said on the BBC site that this was to echo the name of the town here, Knysna.

You can also see Mr Scott in the back row. He has been a real moving force in the project. He shows constant enthusiasm and puts up with all my emails requesting this, that and the other.

9D have put together some Power Point presentations so I am hoping to showcase some of their material on the Blog as well as on the BBC website.

At the moment the Year 8 classes, and the rest of the school, are all doing their end of year exams. Usually the exams begin at around 9am and continue for 2 to 3 hours. The silence that reigns over the school when they are in their exams is quite eerie as usually there is a very healthy buzz about the place. When break time comes the noise level increases dramatically!

On Monday I invigolated an exam with fellow traveller Donna. All went smoothly although some of the students did leave about one hour before the official end of the exam. I do worry that they will not have done well in that exam.

That's it for now. Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home