Claire South Africa

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Sorry, more about Cockroaches


Hi there

Due to popular demand I am adding my latest cockroach story.

Last Saturday night I was awoken by much rustling and crashing about in my cupboard. At 3.30am. I thought it might be a mouse, or worse, so turned on the light and hastily jumped onto my bed to view from a safe vantage point. Well, you can guess can't you. No, it wasn't a small rodent, it was a bumper large cockroach. It sort of fell out of the cupboard and then started to blunder about. I was freaked, goes without saying, and ran into the kitchen to get the DOOM. I sprayed it thoroughly and it lay in a moist and crumpled heap by the cupboard. I couldn't remove it as I was just too grossed out.

I turned off the light and lay rigid in bed. I mused about how bonkers I would go if one ever got on the bed, or worse still, ran across by body. This didn't help me settle back to sleep. And guess what, 15 minutes later more rustling and then I actually heard it run across the carpet. I couldn't see as the light was off but I had to make a dash for the light switch before retreating back onto the bed. There was another huge beastie. This time scurrying around near the bed. I doomed it but this one wasn't taking it lying down. No, he ran up and down the wall next to my bed. There was a good deal of muffled exclamations on my part I can tell you. Eventually it died.
It was now 4.10am.

So, the rest of the night was spent with the light on with me dozing fitfully. At 5am I pulled back the curtains to let the dawn light in and opened the window. By this stage I had a headache and I worried that the DOOM was having an effect on me!!!

Donna (now called Donna Doom as she disposes of most of the cockroaches) came in in the morning and removed the corpses.

I moved bedrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home